Dark chocolate bark—a (slightly) healthier holiday indulgence
Don't get us wrong—even though it's rich in antioxidants, dark chocolate isn't exactly a health food. However, because it packs huge flavor into a small serving, you can get that satisfying sweetness you crave without digging deep into the cookie jar.
This version uses Christmas colors, but you can substitute any nuts or dried fruit you prefer.
Dark Chocolate Bark
Ingredients (makes about 25 servings of 20 grams of chocolate each)
500 grams dark chocolate, chopped (about 70% cocoa)
1 cup roasted, salted pistachios, coarsely chopped
1 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
1. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water and stir until melted.
3. Pour the melted chocolate onto the sheet pan and spread to about 1cm thick.
4. Sprinkle pistachios and cranberries over chocolate.
5. Set aside to cool for at least two hours. Do not refrigerate.
6. Break into shards to serve.
Nutritional facts (per serving)1
Total carbohydrate 11.5 g
Sugars 6.3 g
Fibre 3 g
Total fat 9.8 g
Saturated fat 4.9 g
Protein 2.5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 21 mg